For installers: These are the key considerations for scoping a site to determine requirements for the 6M and 6M+3SW.
Selecting the correct model is very important - once you've decided that the Auditor 6M or 6M+3SW is right for what you need, there are five key considerations for scoping a site:
- The available space
- The distance between the Auditor and where CT's are placed
- 4G signal strength
- The size of the load to be switched
- The maximum current and conductor size
The available space
- Each Auditor 6M requires two poles (35mm) in standard DIN rail switchboards.
- If your installation requires a dedicated breaker to be installed, allow typical space of 16mm for single phase breakers and 55mm for three-phase breakers.
- If there is no space in the switchboard, then an external enclosure will be required - which are available from various electrical wholesalers with DIN rail pre-fitted.
- For switching: contactors require 16mm (single-phase) or 36mm (3-phase) for every switched load. The single-phase contactor is shown with the Auditor at the top of this page.
- Check space for CT placement using the CT specifications.
The distance between the Auditor and where the CT's are placed
Wattwatchers CTs come with 1.8m cables which should be long enough in most cases and are adequate for monitoring loads in the same or adjacent boards. Excess cable can be coiled up without impacting performance, and cables can be extended if required.
4G Signal strength
Wattwatchers devices automatically connect to either the Telstra, Optus or Vodafone networks in Australia for the best coverage. As a rule of thumb if you have 2 bar signal or less on your mobile, you may need an extended range external antenna to get the best performance. Once installed, use the onboarding application to determine if an antenna is required.
Tip: Carry an extended-range antenna with you and install when required to avoid return visits.
Signal can be improved by using external plastic enclosures to reduce the attenuation of metal doors or by using an extended-range external antenna. Antenna extension cables are available from Wattwatchers - 10m or 15m.
The size of the load to be switched
The Auditor 6M+3SW has three independent switching outputs. Each output is capable of driving a contactor with a 240VAC coil. Wattwatchers supplies contactors:
- Single-phase: 25A single pole NO/NC
- Three-phase: 25A
The Auditor can directly control contactors up to 63A, which can be placed as special orders.
The maximum current and conductor size
The Auditor 6M and 6M+3SW can monitor circuits of up to 600A using split-core CT's.
|CT max current||Internal diameter (mm)||Order code|
Above 600A or 36mm cable diameter, the Auditor 3RM using Rogowski coils is required - which monitors up to 3000A.